I invite you to have a 30-minute call or in-person consultation for new clients. Following that, my fee for a standard 50-minute psychotherapy session is $100 for individuals. Couples: $150 for 75 minute session. (session and a half)
Please submit payment at the beginning of each session in one of the following forms:
- personal checks
- major credit cards
I am considered an out-of-network provider, by most insurance companies. This means that the majority of clients who have insurance are eligible to be reimbursed a significant portion of my fee. In addition, I can provide you with a receipt for services to submit to your insurance company, to make reimbursement simpler for you.
Many of my clients prefer to work with a therapist outside of their insurance plan for a variety of reasons, such as:
- You enjoy a much greater degree of privacy and confidentiality, as I am not required to share as much of your personal information and history with the insurance companies.
- You are not limited to only a certain number of sessions, or certain treatment protocols that are determined by the insurance companies in order to tightly control their costs.
- Because you are working directly and privately with me, we can decide together on the methods we will use, and the length of time we will work together, rather than having these decisions made by a third party.
If your health coverage includes mental health benefits, your insurance company may reimburse a significant portion of my fee. To check whether your insurance will cover a part of my fee and exactly how much that reimbursement will be, please contact your insurance carrier’s customer service, and give them my credentials. I encourage you to ask them the following questions regarding your coverage:
- Does my insurance plan cover mental health services?
- Are there mental health issues that are not covered by my plan?
- How many sessions per year does my plan cover?
- What is the covered amount per therapy session with an out-of-network provider?
- Is couples counseling and children’s therapy covered?
- Is prior approval from my primary doctor required?
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment in my office.
Things come up, and occasionally you may need to cancel a scheduled appointment. In this case, please give me at least a 24-hour notice; otherwise you will be responsible for the fee for the missed appointment.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.